Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Bonkers Sheehan Strikes Again!
Looks like our old friend Cindy Sheehan is once again suffering from diahrrea of the mouth. LGF has the story.
Fool us once, shame on us, fool us, — well, we just can’t be fooled again.

Did I detect a niner in there? Cindy... what can I say that hasn't been said before? At least you've come far enough for most people to realize you're a sadistic fool, bent on misguided fame. You're right, Jesus wasn't a warmonger per se, but he sure as heck wasn't a gosh darn hippie.

Comments on "Bonkers Sheehan Strikes Again!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 PM) : 

My guess that was a reference to Bush's "there's an old saying in Tennessee" gaff, smart guy. Short memory you have.
Really, anyone who thinks the President is a swell guy look pretty silly harping on other people's misuse of the English language.
Oh, and using Jesus to justify war -- vomit. Shame on you people.

 

Blogger Chucko said ... (9:44 AM) : 

Hmmmm... did you read the article theo? I can't seem to find where I have written Jesus justifies war, or where the linked article does the same. We're simply pointing out that those who continually claim the President is violating his Christian beliefs, or that Jesus was a hippie are wrong.

While I do think the president is a swell guy, I have never said he is a great public speaker. Clearly he is not. This doesn't disbar me from being able to mock Cindy "Dancing On Casey's Back" Sheehan. I don't agree with everything President Bush stands for, but I find what Sheehan has done to her family and son to be deplorable.

Thanks for the visit! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 AM) : 

You're a Catholic - if the war isn't a mockery of Christian beliefs, then why did the Vatican come out against it? They must be a bunch of hippie pussies, eh? Did I miss the part in the Bible about tax cuts for the rich trickling down to the poor? I'm no Cindy Sheehan worshipper, but to side with a lying warmonger instead of a woman who lost her son in battle isn't exactly Christian of you, either.

 

Blogger Chucko said ... (1:05 PM) : 

I am a Catholic, and I respectfully disagreed with the Vatican's opinion of the war. Even though it made them safer, many in the Vatican including JPII opposed liberating Iraq. Here's an extensive collection of writings from both sides of the debate within the Catholic Church.

So far as the "hippie pussies" are concerned, I did not label them with the "P word." Do you feel that hippie has a negative connotation to it? I feel it's a good natured way to poke fun at those opposed to war under any and all circumstances, even those that may benefit themselves specifically and humanity in general. So much for raising the dialogue.

In fact, you DID miss the part in the Bible about tax cuts. Maybe you'll read a little more slowly and thoroughly next time.

"...lying warmonger..."

This phrase used in the context of your sentence is a lie itself. Some might say namecalling is not very Christian either.

Perhaps if you would spend more time researching what my flavor of Christianity and Christianity in general are all about there would be fewer misunderstandings.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 PM) : 

1. Ask your average Iraqi if he feels "liberated" these days. I'm thinking "no". Funny thing was, Bush's dad went into Iraq the first time to "stabilize the region." His son's job was to de-stabilize it?

2. I was raised Catholic myself, and I pretty much get "Thou shalt not kill" just fine. I also know that if you remove all the mentions of the poor from the Bible, you pretty much end up with a handful of scrap paper. No one's saying that the Bible shouldn't be open to interpretation, but to start with Republican policy and work backward to find out-of-context Bible passages to support them is pretty evil. I don't think The Big Guy would appreciate that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:17 PM) : 

Theo:

Regarding your point (1) above, yes, I do believe your average Iraqi feels liberated. Does that answer your question? Do you have any others?

Regarding point (2): So, it's never wrong to kill? Ever? Really? Suppose you could kill one person to save 100,000. Wouldn't you be morally bankrupt not to do it? Now, how about 1,000 people? 10? Tell me you wouldn't kill one man to save a million. Liar.

 

post a comment

Go to the source!