Thursday, June 08, 2006

Death Tax Repeal... Dies
Hugh has the word.

From Andrew Roth:
Republicans who voted the wrong way: Chafee and Voinovich
Democrats who voted the right way: Lincoln, Baucus, Nelson, and Nelson.
Another link from Andrew here.

Looks like George "Weepy" Voinovich is going to be facing a primary challenge, just like his ideological brother Mikey DeWine did this year. At least he will if I have anything to say about it. It's truly infuriating that Ohio Republicans at all levels are so reliably spineless. Do we have to actively work against them in the general election, just so that we can elect conservatives the next time around? I'm going to be doing some serious examination of voting records prior to the general this year, and when Weepy runs next. It's practically impossible to defeat an incumbent in the primary barring something that causes huge political fallout, but if I am not being represented, then my vote will find its way elsewhere.

Hopefully Ken Blackwell will help to save the Ohio GOP.

Comments on "Death Tax Repeal... Dies"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:46 PM) : 

Geez, Chucky.

You defend the indefensible (the estate tax and Ann Coulter), then break out the old "America-hating left" chestnut, comparing us to terrorists.

Who whizzed in your Corn Flakes this morning? Or are you really this nasty of a soul?

 

Blogger Ben said ... (1:40 AM) : 

I am much more open to a primary against Voinovich than I was for DeWine, thats for sure.

 

Blogger Deacon David Oatney said ... (3:32 AM) : 

Chuck;
Does this mean that you will be running against Voinovich in the '08 Primary?

 

Blogger Chucko said ... (9:34 AM) : 

Theo:

You crack me up my friend. The estate tax is unjust on it's face (read the article from Andrew). Ann Coulter speaks the truth, only in a more incendiary fashion than anyone else on my side. I specified "America-hating" because I wanted to seperate them from the regular left. There are still plenty of good lefties out there. Bob Beckel, Joe Lieberman... uhhh... pretty sure there are some more.

Ben:

Agreed. While I don't necessarily agree with DeWine's record, or some of his high profile votes/gang alliances, he actually does have a much better record than Weepy (the 8th dwarf).

Dave:

As much as I'd like to, I don't have the resources, personality, or face. :) If I trained up for a couple of years I might be able to give it a go.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:53 AM) : 

Gee, the Club for Growth is against the estate tax. What a shocker.

What's "unfair" is cutting taxes during a time of war, Katrina relief, and massive deficits.

Besides, there's nothing unfair about it - the super-rich benefit from the money America spends on them, they use more of the infrastructure, and the estate tax is a stab at stopping aristocracy in a country already subservient to the rich.

And since your arguments have been shrill of late, of course you're going to find a harpie like Coulter "truthful".

 

post a comment

Go to the source!