Thursday, October 05, 2006

South Park Does World of Warcraft
Almost everyone I have spoken with disagrees. In a combination of 2 of my favorite things, South Park's season 10 premiere last night focused on the gaming phenomenon World of Warcraft. I love the show, I love the game, but the episode felt rushed. It's kind of like a few other South Park episodes where they had a great idea, but chose to go in only one direction, and put in half the effort they should have. I felt it reflected badly on the game, as the world seemed very small and bland, whereas it is actually a ridiculously large gaming area with many varied climates and terrains. Also, the cleverly interjected actual WoW music seemed out of place in the scenarios with which it was used.

As I write this, I'm realizing I play the game way too much.

Regardless, I'd give this particular episode of SP a 7.0 for lack of effort. It was still an entertaining plot which did portray a portion of WoW's culture, and did have at least one moment that made me cringe and almost look away from the screen. That's the SP touch.

Comments on "South Park Does World of Warcraft"

 

post a comment

Go to the source!