Monday, January 14, 2008

Raid Leaders: Know the Good Ones
Several months ago, actually probably nearing a year ago, I formed a guild named Innuendo on the Horde side of the Runetotem server. We were a small guild, made up of local friends and people we'd played with from the game for some time. Well, time passed and Innuendo is, for all intents and purposes, dead. The point in my telling you this is that during that time, I took it upon myself to lead some raids. Personally, I don't think that my raid leadership was very good. Some positives were I really enjoyed researching mobs and bosses. Negatives were when you're tanking, it's tough to even take a second to hit the talk key on Vent and call out orders. Given the makeup of our group, we were fairly successful.

Fast forward to today. The guild in which I currently have my main alliance toon is a good one... they're progressing very well through the 25 man content, given that they are mostly a casual guild. I've experienced some really truly great leaders, and feel that I may be able to step up to the plate when I go into an instance as DPS.

A bit of advice to prospective raid leaders: constantly communicate. Always let people know what is happening, what to expect prior to a fight (including trash mobs), and what to bring into the raid. Above all else, if you are not going to show up, let the 9-24 additional raiders that depend on you to be there about your absence at least 24 hours in advance. It's a game, you're supposed to have fun, but having your time wasted is not fun.

Labels:

Comments on "Raid Leaders: Know the Good Ones"

 

post a comment

Go to the source!