Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Child Rape Scenes
I was listening to Hannity the other day and he kept going on and on (as he will about any given non-politcal topic on any given day) about Dakota Fanning's rape scene in whatever movie it is being screened at Sundance. First off, I don't know why this should be a political issue. Dakota is a professional actress, and the scene was undoubtedly done in a professional environment with no harm caused. That being said, I know nothing else about the movie, but will likely not see it as about the last thing in the world I wish to observe is a child being raped. The head of Sundace has declared this as "challenging material," and just about anybody knows this is code for "a gimmick to ratchet up popularity and sell more tickets." Let it die on the vine, please. I probably would have never heard of this movie if it weren't for Sean Hannity, so I can only imagine how many people would have missed it entirely if he wasn't scraping the bottom of the barrel for material.

Labels:

Comments on "Child Rape Scenes"

 

post a comment

Go to the source!