Wednesday, August 16, 2006

FOOTBALL!!!
Ahhhhhh... the good old days, when baseball was my favorite sport, and the anticipation of football season was decidedly less dominant in my mind (until post World-Series) than it is today. This was pre-1997. I've decided, almost 10 years later, that I may never be able to fully forgive the MLB for what transpired that year. The Reds are still in contention, and while this excites me, I've been doing more reading of various football annuals than following the baseball standings. Of course, this same principle could be applied to professional sports across the board... I've always been more a fan of NCAA (the actual collegiate sporting events, not the organization, guh!) and high school sports than the NFL, NBA, MLS, or MLB. Most college players and all high school players are doing what they do for the team, trying to win every single game so they can share a magical moment with their teammates and community. I've already posted on my thoughts regarding a potential OSU Vs UND matchup for the NCAA championship... since that posting, at least one other major publication has the Irish #1. This could potentially be bad news, what with the #1 curse and all, but we shall see.

I'd like to take this opportunity to plug my lesser-known blog, GoBigMoe, which unfortunately became COMPLETELY dormant during the football offseason. I've been hoping to turn it into an all-sports Moeller blog, but to do that I'd likely need co-editors. I welcome all who would be interested in such a proposition.

Comments on "FOOTBALL!!!"

 

post a comment

Go to the source!