Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'm getting married!
Yep, it's true, I know most of you are wondering about the mental state of someone deciding to spend the rest of her life with me, but I need some tips and help!

My question at the moment is pre-marital counseling. We live pretty far apart, and she will be moving here after the wedding. How, in our limited time together prior to the marriage, can we go through this counseling, and keep it beneficial and productive? Does anyone know of somewhere locally in Cincinnati which could provide such a service, under such circumstances?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Labels:

Comments on "I'm getting married!"

 

Blogger Deacon David Oatney said ... (11:29 AM) : 

Charles;
As you know, the Church requires it of you...

I would highly suggest that you contact the Archdiocese of Cincinnati about its pre-Cana program. Nicole and I had our pre-Cana retreat at Bergamo, it was very inexpensive, and Father Chris (rest his soul) did our counseling.

The first person I would get in touch with would be your parish priest. The Church requires a minimum of four months, and the Archdiocese of Cincinnati requires six months, of marital pre-formation.

And Congratulations!

 

Blogger Chucko said ... (11:50 AM) : 

Thanks Dave!

The situation unfortunately won't allow for this yet, though we will be going through the pre-Cana program in the long run. At first, we won't be getting married in the Church... this will likely happen after my fiance relocates to Cincinnati, and goes through RCIA. At the moment, I'm looking for a solid pre-marital counseling program that can be condensed into the timespan during which she will be visiting Cincinnati.

 

Blogger Kurt H said ... (6:31 PM) : 

Congratulations!

My wife and I were wed 16 years ago. I was a senior in college and was only able to come home on the weekends. Our associate pastor was very considerate about working around my limited availability in terms of pre-marriage counseling. We did have to attend the Pre-Cana weekend at Bergamo. I don't think you can get around that, nor should you want to.

 

Blogger Fr Martin Fox said ... (2:06 PM) : 

Chuck:

You asked me to come over and post, to answer a question?

Not sure what it was, but at your service...

 

post a comment

Go to the source!