Tuesday, August 01, 2006

UND Vs OSU... again?
Football season is right around the corner, and I was stunned to see a major college football annual (Lindy's I believe) pick the Notre Dame Fighting Irish #1 in the nation. I agree that the Irish will improve on last year's stellar record, but as with most publications I'd probably put them somewhere between 4-10. The general consensus appears to be (as expected at season's end last year) that the Ohio State Buckeyes will be the team to beat. Hopefully we'll get a great rematch of last year's Fiesta Bowl, with the two best programs in the land once again competing for the NCAA title. Yep, that's right Michigan fans, bite me. If your program isn't from the midwest, see comment regarding Michigan fans.

I'm always amazed at the great reporting, articles, and evaluations in sports annuals. Magazines such as Sports Illustrated or whatever is popular these days don't really interest me, but the annuals are cover to cover (with the exception of the ever-increasing advertising pages) good reading and analysis.

Comments on "UND Vs OSU... again?"

 

post a comment

Go to the source!