Friday, April 14, 2006

God or the Girl?
When I first heard about this show, I thought "well, looks like the MSM has fired up the anti-Catholic rhetoric machines for the umpteenth time." Turns out, I was pretty much spot on in my initial assessment. Really, the only reason to address the show here is that it has drummed up enough media buzz to force the issue. I'd expect this show's most offensive aspect to be the title, which in turn sets the premise for the series. I have struggled with this very decision in my life, and continue to keep it open for consideration. God and I have had a very long ongoing discussion regarding this. It is not a path I have chosen, as I have not been called by God to take it yet. That being said, the proverbial "Girl" is not a factor that weighs even remotely in this decision for me. That a whole series would be setup to pit God against a girl is pretty ridiculous on its face. I've not seen the series, but this phrase makes it out to be a tortured decision not between God and girl, but God and sex. Priests have many "girls" in their family, the parish. Some (certainly no one in Hollywood or the MSM, where sex drives their worlds) would argue that the relationship is more fruitful resulting from the lack of sexual tension. Should you tune in to watch God or the Sex, keep this in mind. I'm not going to waste my time on such tripe.

Comments on "God or the Girl?"

 

Blogger Deacon David Oatney said ... (11:12 PM) : 

It is worth noting that Jimmy Akin says it is a good show.

 

Blogger Chucko said ... (10:18 AM) : 

Huh... well, that being said, I may have to give it a viewing Dave. After the "Gospel of Judas," the "DaVinci Code," and a relentless stream of Catholicism based 'entertainment,' I have a hard time taking anything these channels do seriously anymore.

 

post a comment

Go to the source!