Monday, September 11, 2006

Never Forget
It's truly depressing that such a large segment of America's population has already forgotten what happened on that day. That being said, let us remember. I don't have any dramatic stories about where I was, or what I was doing on that day. On the short drive into work, I heard on the radio that a small commuter plane, or a cessna sized plane had crashed into the World Trade Center in New York City. It was a short blurb, and the rest of the news commenced. Having arrived at work, I was pulled aside to work on a different project and at that time news began circulating about a second plane striking the second tower. As with everyone else, and as I do now, at that time I knew what was at stake. The rest of the day, of course, was wall to wall news coverage. Having grown weary of viewing the carnage, after work I settled down and at the suggestion of my brother rented a comedy to take my mind off of things for a while. While turning away briefly, the war which had just begun would return to my life. My brother was on the first ship over to Afghanistan. I didn't get a chance to see him off prior to his 9 month deployment, but we chatted on the phone. Though my words were choked, I knew this mission was unavoidable and was incredibly proud as his confidence assured me he would return, or would sacrifice himself to assure that his family and the United States may continue to live in freedom. Those in the military, as well as those in service as firefighters and policemen, who give themselves so selflessly for our right to live comfortably and as we choose should recieve the highest honor on this day. If you see a serviceman, policeman, or fireman, buy him or her a cup of joe. Buy their lunch, a pop, or just pat them on the back and thank them for all they have done so that your life may be more whole and fulfilling. Your children, your parents, brothers and sisters all live in this great society by virtue of those who make sure it continues to exist.

Michelle has a great link set today:

New Zawahiri Statement: Take Revenge on America
The 2,996 Project
Never Forget: American Airlines Flight 11
Never Forget: American Airlines Flight 175

Never Forget: American Airlines Flight 77
Never Forget: South Tower Collapse
Never Forget: United Airlines Flight 93
Never Forget: North Tower Collapse

Living Legacy: The Children of 9/11
9/11 Pledge: "I will not submit"

-

Dean Barnett:
9/11 - A Personal Remembrance

-

Little Green Footballs:
A Poem
LGF the Day the Events Unfolded
Scroll the whole page for a view of how Charles Johnson changed on that day. I discovered his site not long after that, I cannot remember exactly when, or how.

-

BizzyBlog has a great linkset as well, with oddly what appear to be no overlapping links (yet!):
Five Years After 9/11: Noteworthy Posts and Info

-

May God bless this great nation of ours, and the fighting men and women who keep it free. Thank you, every single one, for what you have done for us.

Comments on "Never Forget"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:23 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Blogger Chucko said ... (1:01 PM) : 

I have removed your post because you have posted that lunacy anonymously. Should you decide you want the rest of the world to enjoy the terrifying place that is your psychological state, please feel free to do a ctrl-c, ctrl-v back into this post only use your name and a link.

 

post a comment

Go to the source!