Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Opposition in Congress to Border Fence. Why?
There is apparently some pretty strong opposition in Congress to putting a wall along part of the United States - Mexico border. I ask, why? People get angry when the U.S. aggressively defends herself vis-a-vis Afghanistan and Iraq. People get angry when the U.S. decides to passively defend herself with a wall or missle defense. Why the outrage over U.S. self defense? If it were up to the rest of the world, the U.S. would be an open borders nation, free for anyone to pilliage and rape at their leisure. Unfortunately for them, this is simply impossible barring a full Marxist world government or anarchy on the same scale. So I ask again... WHY would some in the U.S. own Congress oppose it? Votes? Cheap labor? Self hatred? I'm at a loss.

Update (Same Day):

Here's a little taste of what we're dealing with.

Comments on "Opposition in Congress to Border Fence. Why?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:18 AM) : 

I suspect it's all about votes - Triangulating politicians who are trying to figure out the best possible way to get the most possible votes.

Where's the opposition coming from? Talk some specifics here and I think their motivations should be obvious. I would expect to see many of the politicians (republican and democrat) in the border states against the wall. There's plenty of hispanic voters in their districts... As you move further north, I would expect to see Republicans firmly for it and Democrats firmly opposed.

Of course, I've not been following this one, really...so I'm just blowing smoke out of my arse.

I think we all know where Kennedy and Kerry stand though...

What's Hilary got to say on the issue? She's an interesting one to follow as she prunes herself for '08.

 

post a comment

Go to the source!